Nitrouseal Sedation Systems
Northwoods Urology is proud to use Nitrouseal Sedation Systems, a nitrous oxide sedation method. Nitrous Oxide is a colorless, odorless, non-flammable, breathable gas used as a safe and effective minimal sedative in medicine and dentistry.
Nitrous oxide, or N2O, causes a sense of euphoria and relaxation. First used in 1772 to relieve a toothache, it is fast-acting and helps millions feel more comfortable and experience less pain during medical procedures.
Nitrouseal® is a medical device that was invented by a Board-Certified Anesthesiologist specifically for administering nitrous sedation in any medical setting without exposing medical personnel to the exhaled nitrous. This is accomplished by utilizing a patented disposable face-mask and breathing circuit (tubing) to administer the inhaled nitrous/oxygen mixture and to then capture and eliminate the exhaled nitrous. The Nitrouseal® System has become the accepted standard for delivering nitrous sedation to kids in most pediatric hospitals nationwide.
Benefits of Nitrouseal®
Nitrouseal is a great option for our patients and offers a lot of benefits:
- Pain and anxiety relief.
- Very affordable.
- Extremely safe. Nitrous oxide has unparalleled safety record, is nonaddictive and opioid free.
- Flowmeter allows any concentration of nitrous 0% – 70%. You can individualize the dose to the patient and adjust up or down during the procedure.
- Very quick onset and very short duration (less than a minute). Patients can drive themselves home after use accelerating recovery time.
- Self-administered by the patient and can be used for as long as the procedure lasts.
- Allows minor and minimally invasive procedures to be done in the office or at a medical facility while providing patient comfort.